Light me up - Gazebo Lanterns and Lights

Light Me Up!
My Gazebo needs some lighting. We are eventually going to install string lighting all the way around each gazebo and maybe a chandelier. But I've had these lanterns in the garage for a couple of years and decided they needed to be put to good use. Plus this gives us options for ambient lighting or full party mode with lanterns, string lights and a chandelier all lit up if desired. These lanterns are no longer being made as they were from Southern Living. A home decorating company that went out of business a few years ago. 
For some reason when things are "irreplaceable" I tend to want to hang on to them and not use them.  I'm trying to not keep saving things I never use and my options are to keep thinning things out after downsizing or become a full fledged hoarder. So, I continue to thin things out. These are definitely getting used. I used to have them hanging on either side of french doors in my last house. I no longer have enough wall space in my smaller house, so they've just been stored. I'm so glad they get to come out of hiding and provide a little touch of elegance and some useful lighting to my new shaded space. 

Here's how it went:

I chose the location carefully. We may also be installed bluetooth audio speakers, but I think they will go on the front columns, so the back columns would make sense for lighting. This side of the post is wider so it will work better since these lanterns aren't of the tiny family. 

Figuring out placement. High enough, but not too low that someone may bump into them.

I'm of the "measure twice, cut once" thinking. So, in this case it's measure twice, drill once. 

See, measured twice, two marks!  But "+" marks the spot!! 

Drill a pilot hole. 

Attach the bracket and screw.

Line it up square to the edge of the column and put in the bottom screw. 

Voila! Bracket! 

The lanterns hang on S hooks. Not sure why I get excited about these little things, but they add to the design. I really like these. 

The lantern and S hook. There is also a glass holder for the candles, but I've set those aside so as not to break them before I get them hung up. 

All assembled with bracket, s hook, lantern and candle. 

Here's all 4 of them. They are a little hard to see, but each gazebo has 2 lanterns. 

I'm ready to get them lit and have some ambient lighting for hanging out on the patio after dark.


Loving this!! We hung out until after dark and the lighting was perfect! Yay!

Installed these lights too. Found them at Costco. When the lanterns for ambient lighting aren't enough, we turn these on. Love them!






SaveSaveSaveSave
SaveSave

Comments