Storm Drain - Making the best of a fluid situation

Storm Drain? What in the world do you do with a storm drain to make it look halfway attractive. I explored several options and it brought me to this. More retaining wall blocks! UGH
It was brought to my attention that it now looks kind of like a fire pit, but I'm not sure what else to do with it. It will take a little more design and thought, but here it is for now... 

I started by digging out the dirt around the drain

And creating a bit of a trench for the blocks. Here we go again...

Starting with some blocks. 

Ok, this may work...

I few layers and now I have discovered the dirt on one side is higher than the other. (towards the back left). I have to build another small wall to tie that in... Will it ever end?

I swung it around to meet the other wall and finished capping off the top to get the height I needed. 

Now I have to install a french drain. This is usually a VERY low area in the entire lot and a huge dip in the lawn. I am going to install a drain and level it out. 

More digging.... seriously?
I dug a trench, laid down a weed barrier and the perforated pipe. 

I filled it with pea gravel. Covered the weed cloth over the top and got ready for the best part. 

To cover it all up with dirt! You'd never know it was there... Not sure if the drain was even necessary as this is no longer going to be the low spot in the yard, but I felt I needed to do it anyway. 

Here's how it looks from the back door. Still wish it wasn't there, but it's not such an ugly eyesore now. 

Comments