Leveling out the dirt - It's a dirty job...

I may have made a mistake when I told the guys to just "pile it over there" when they were removing the dirt from the hillside. I also had to pile dirt from all the trenches that were dug. It created two HUGE mounds of dirt. Yards and yards of this horrible clay stuff. I knew it would become backfill for the walls and also to level out a few areas, but now it had to be moved. I also had them pile it on top of the weed barrier. Another mistake. Not only did I had to move it, but I had to move the weed barrier and replace it from UNDER the huge pile. Hard to describe, but it added another dimension to the task. 

One of the huge piles. They are about 3' tall. Trying to keep it covered to keep the dog off of it and keeping it from becoming concrete before I can move it again. 

It's just a red mess. 

But after backfilling the wall, the pile is getting smaller...

And smaller still. Now just a small pile near the end...
Let's just hope I don't run out of dirt and have to actually buy some. 

Then I started on this second pile of dirt by the shed. It's just as large as the other and full of huge rocks. 

It took me a couple of weeks, but it's finally gone. 

What a sight! Who knew that just dirt could be so lovely...

Ok, on to the next project... Planting some trees!

Comments