Tattoos

This will probably be a post that gets updated as we both get more tattoos, but this was Chanelle's first. She looks like she's having fun now with just the stencil on, but it's about to get real.

And so it begins...

Ouchy.

Just breathe...

Almost done yet?

All done... finally. 

We decided to get matching tattoos. I got this also on my ribs. 
The words Pack light come from an Erykah Badu song called Bag Lady. In this song she talks about packing light as a metaphor for leaving all of your baggage from your life behind. 

I also got this one down my spine. I thought this would hurt, but the ribs are definitely more tender!
These were done at Fine Line Tattoo in Placerville

2018
I had a feeling there would be more...

Chanelle was visiting for Thanksgiving and we went to Royal Peacock to get another tattoo. 
She had already had another one done, above. 

This is her new tattoo down her forearm, but she's showing me how the horrible blister from the adhesive tape is healing. 

After all of the effects of the fire and participating in the search for remains following the Camp Fire in Paradise, I decided to get a pine tree. I found this drawing and decided this was the style I wanted. 

I had three little trees down above an anklet on my right ankle. Now they don't match. 

I've found a drawing that may be able to cover the anklet and incorporate the trees together. Now need an artist to make this a reality. 

Chanelle is continuing with her HarryPotter sleeve. She drew out a mermaid and found an artist in Auburn to do it for her. His name is Brandon at  Crimson Tattoo. 

Her drawing. He ended up re-drawing it and they decided to omit the tail and add more detail to her hair and face. 

The outlines. 

After the shading. Ouch. She said that hurt. 

This is her next project. Going to take a little more time finding the right artist for this large piece. It will go from her shoulder down her arm and connect the above ground world with the underwater world. 


My next project besides fixing the trees, is adding flowers around my Pack Light tattoo. I want them to be delicate and pretty. 

Comments