Backyard Deconstruction - Rock Removal

In order to construct, you must first de-construct!
I knew when I bought this house that I did not care for the backyard, but I thought I could just deal with it. Well, that only lasted for a few months. One day I just decided, nope. I can't stand these rocks anymore!  So, first order of business, remove the rocks!! 

Apparently, the entire back lot was covered in these rocks. A previous owner displaced some so that a small lawn could be installed. These are not landscape rocks. These are essentially road base crushed rock. It's not pretty. It's heavy and sharp and needs to go. 

Before...

So, day after day, I removed more rock. I started piling it in the driveway...

I cleared more areas...

This corner was at times 6-8 inches deep. 


Here it is..... The worst rocks ever! Starting to pile it in the driveway. 

Clearing more and more...

Removing rocks, means I keep piling it in the driveway. I list it for free on Facebook and Craigslist and people keep coming and getting truckloads of it. 

Clearing more and more!

More piles to give away!!

More rock free areas!! 
What a difference it's making just getting this out of here! 

These are HUGE piles of rocks. This small corner is after someone took a load away. I've probably had 20 people come and get loads of rocks before it was all gone. 

And after weeks and weeks of a little here and a lot there... It's gone!!! 

Now, on to the next project. Tear out the fence! 

SaveSave

Comments